How To Deal With Stress, Pressure, Depression, etc.

Hello, everyone! How are you doing? I hope you all are doing great. Happy April! 
I cannot believe it's already April. Really? 3 months have passed already?!?! So today, as you can probably tell from the title, I'm going to talk about "How to deal with stress, pressure, depression, etc." But before we begin, I just want to clarify that this is all based on my experience and all of the stuff I say here is my opinion. 

*Also, I'm not April-fooling in this blog post by any mean.


No one likes to stressed out and experience depression or feeling pressure. Stress causes so many health issues as well as mental issues. My skin tends to break out a lot, I easily get sad and depressed, I feel lost, etc, etc… Some things I'm scared of are social pressure, social judgement, and risks.

The reason why I have decided to talk about this issue on my blog is clearly because I have been experiencing stress, pressure, depression and all that jazz. And my blog is meant to be here to share my experience and thoughts with people all over the world so why not. 
Anyway, recently, I'm stressed out pretty much all the time because of my personal issues  (mainly about my future career) and I don't know what to do, so I wanted to clear my head and thoughts by writing and sharing with you whether you are interested or not. :)

Sometimes, (in particular situation) I tend to compare myself with others which is not good at all, and when I find out I'm not doing well or when I'm doing different things from others, I get anxious, which cause "stress." When I'm stressed out, there are several things I tend to do. Mainly, eating, sleeping, being lazy, procrastinating, being the negative person ever, crying, lack of motivation. It's pretty bad, right? But I guess many of you out there have experienced these things in your life at least once. I found that some people are so good at staying positive and dealing with the issues or whatever, but I recently realized that I'm not good at it. I'm pretty much a happy person and positive but once I fall into that deep deep dark ocean or whatever, I become the most depressed and negative person on earth and sometimes I don't even remember why I'm stressed out at the end! So to avoid being negative and to deal with my issues properly and more effectively, I did some research on what actually is "stress" and how I can deal with it. I'm not going to right it all down but 

Here are some websites that I found it very very helpful and nice. You can read some articles about all kinds of issues from easy psychological perspectives.
These website/ organizations provide us so many good advice and tips to deal with bunch of issues that every person may have. And I think it's really good to actually read and learn about what you are experiencing and dealing with whenever you are stuck in your life. My personal favorite is the second one called Mind.org. Their website is kind of cute and I really loved their "stress" article where they talk about "managing stress."

The great thing about these websites is that you don't have to spend any money on like going to see a therapist or counseling not that I'm saying it's bad or anything. You can literally do it on your own and it still helps a lot. Now you probably think I'm a bit mental but hey! I'm a real person and I experience a lot of things in my life as you probably do, too, which sometimes I don't even know how to handle it. 


Also, here are some things that I do to recover from depression and rebuild my motivation :)!

Another thing I like to do to deal with my stress and pressure and all that stuff is to go to YouTube. Why? Because it's fun! And they have bunch of stuff for everybody. It's a great way for me to take some moment to laugh and get emotional by watching those funny videos and your favorite youtubers. I found that it really helps me take a little bit of distance from the issues and gives my brain and my mind to rebuild the motivation and recreate some space to think about the issues again.  

Here are some favorite videos that I watch whenever I need some laugh and fun.


Also, one last thing I want to say and to remind MYSELF is "Push yourself because, no one else is going to do it for you." I recently found this quote and I think it's very true. Even if you have friends and family to support you, you are you by yourself and you just have to push yourself to do whatever you need to, and take care of yourself. Me, personally, I'm struggling with my future career at the moment but I realized that it is my life and it is me who runs my life. No one nor society is pressuring you or anything even though we feel pressure all the time from different things (like parents). We all learn from mistakes and grow as a person. So I think I just have to push myself to be the person I want to be :)




So that it is for this blog post! I really hope it somehow makes sense to you and helps you in some way. Please let me know your experience and tell me your tips to deal with stress, pressure, depression and all that jazz. 

Also, if you have friends of family who's struggling with stress and all those stuff, please share this with them through twitter, Facebook, or in real life and I really hope it helps!

Thank you very much for reading, and I'll see you next time. Next blog post will be up on April 3rd :]

Much love,
Mayumi

Labels: , , , , , , , ,