Hello, everyone :) How are you all doing? I hope you all are having an amazing day.
A couple of weeks ago, I posted a photo on my instagram when I cooked pesto penne pasta for lunch and one of my lovely followers Rossanne asked me for recipe so I've decided to share my recipe! Even though it's super easy to cook and I don't really want to call it "recipe" because it's so so simple but here it is!
I hope you'll enjoy it :)
Things you need
- Organic whole grain penne (or pasta of your choice)
- Organic pesto
- Small tomatoes
- Some Paprika
- Fresh basil (I didn't have it this time)
- Olive oil
- Cheese (I'm using Provolone but any cheese you like)
- Meat of your choice. ex)sausages, bacon etc. If you're vegetarian, of course, you don't have to add any meat ;)
I'm really into organic healthy style food and I'm trying to eat as healthy as possible. You can get these ingredients at your local supermarket, or farmer's market if possible. Organic / healthy food tends to be pretty expensive compared to the ones that you can easily get from a regular super market, but these organic guys are much much gentle for your body so I'll definitely invest in them. You can notice the difference when you eat organic food. Your body will appreciate it! Even though I don't do it every single time, I always try to choose the healthier option.
Again, it's super super easy so it's not even a recipe. haha
1. Cut the veggies.
2. Boil the pasta. Add some salt to the pod while it's boiling. It's going to add a little bit of saltiness to the pasta.
After you take the pasta out from the pod and get rid of excess water, add some olive oil and mix it gently so that the pasta won't stick together while you're cooking veggies.
3. Cook the veggies (and meat). Pour some olive oil to the pan and cook the veggies until they get soft and cooked on medium heat. And add some pepper to spice it up.
4. Once the veggies are cooked, add the pasta and the pesto. When you add pesto, don't hesitant to add a lot of it because if it's not enough, it's not gonna taste good. Be generous and use more pesto :)
5. Cook them nicely until the pesto is evenly mixed.
At this point, I totally forgot to take a picture. lol
6. Put the pasta into a heat resistant plate and add some (a lot of) cheese <3
7. Set the oven at 180℃. Put them into a oven for about 2-3 minutes until the cheese melts. You can also use microwave to do this. You may need more time or less time depending on how Mr. Cheese is doing.
It was easy right? I really hope you enjoyed my favorite pasta recipe.Pesto is one of my favorite flavor in pasta category and with whole grain penne, it tastes hundred times better! Please let me know how you liked it if you tried this recipe!
Also, if you would like to see more organic type of recipe or my Japanese food recipe, please let me know in the comment :)
Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love you always, and I'll see you next time.
Labels: bblogger, beautyblogger, cook, cooking, food, healthy, homemade, organic, pasta, pesto penne, recipe, spice up your beauty, yum