Favorite Winter Lip Products


Hello, beautiful people! How are you all doing? 
Today, I am going to share some of my favorite winter lip products. I've been enjoying some neutral colors recently. I wore darker red lipsticks a lot in the fall and winter of 2014 that now I kind of gravitated toward slightly lighter and neutral colors. (Although they are not really neutral colors, I categorize them as my "neutral" colors.) 
Here are some of my favorite winter lip products.






Before you put any lipsticks or lip glosses, we need to have nice lips. No lipstick or lipgloss looks good on dry lips. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream is a life saver to me. I cannot live without this product. It is actually a multi purpose balm so you can really use it for many things. I use it on my cuticles, on my lips, on my eyelashes (before I go to bed), and when I burn myself. Whenever I pull this out of my purse to apply it on to my lips, people around me always say or look at me like  "What the hell! That's such a massive lip balm!" â€¦.. Yes it is a massive lip balm but it's just so good! 
If you have a very sensitive lips, I highly recommend this balm. I have very sensitive lips and sometimes, no lip balm works on my lips but it works like a miracle.

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfecter in 03 is my favorite nude lip products. I included into my 2014 favorite so please go check out for more detailed review. But it never makes my lips look dead and it's just a perfect nude color to me.

DIOR Addict lipstick in Arty is my favorite "light" red. It's like a muted berry color with brown undertone to it. It also has fine red shimmer in it. It is very moisturizing and smooth, yet it's quite pigmented. I love wearing it when I have strong eye makeup or when I don't know what to wear on my lips. Also, the packaging is so gorgeous. It has kind  of like a holographic/rainbow packaging and I just love carrying this lipstick. This was also a thoughtful gift from my best friend so that makes this lipstick even more special. 

I don't really like to wear lipgloss in winter time (although I love lip glosses) because when it's windy outside, you know what happens… Yes, my hair on my lips! And it all gets messy. You girls know... So I don't wear lip glosses often when it's windy outside but I love this one by YSL. It's their Golden Gloss in No.2. It's very sparkly and shiny. When I first saw this lipgloss, I never thought I would like it because it looked like one of those colors that grandma would wear. But it is actually a very nice muted rosy brown color. Since it's quite shiny, I would avoid wearing them tons all over my lips. Rather, I apply it quite sheerly and out a bit more on the center of my lips to create fuller lips. Also, it smells incredibly. If you like mangoes, I know you'll love it. If not, I think you'll still enjoy it. 

Next one is from a drugstore. This was a quite recent purchase for me. It's Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry. Same thing as DIOR Arty lipstick, this one also is a muted berry color with brown undertone to it. DIOR Arty is sheer and glossier. This matte balm is matte, yet doesn't dry out your lips. It feels very smooth on the lips and the staying power is great. Since it is this pencil shape, it is very easy to apply and you have more control than traditional lipstick. I think this lip color is a great option to people who are interested in wearing darker bold lipsticks, but they are not quite ready to use darker colors. Sultry is a good starter for those of you who are not comfortable wearing bold lipsticks. Since it's not too dark, it is very wearable during day time, and night time.

And last but not least, I had to include one of my favorite lipstick of all time. It's Rebel by MAC. I just love this color and I get compliments when I wear this so I'm guessing it looks good on me? haha 
This is a dark vibrant purple color with a hint of berry color. It looks quite intense on the actual bullet, but you can really control the intensity with this lipstick. If you want just a little tint, you and pat it on and blend it with your finger. Or if you want more bold finish, you can apply a several layers to create a bold look. It is satin finish so it's quite moisturizing as well. One time I was wearing this lipstick, I didn't touch up at all since I put it on in the morning, and it still looked perfect at the end of the day. It is something different from a traditional red lipstick and this purply color is just perfect for colder season, in my opinion. I also think that any kind of eye makeup, whether it's neutral or smokey, will look good with this lipstick.


Look at THAT sparkles! 


Here are the swatches.
From left: Clarins, DIOR, YSL, Revlon, and MAC





So those are all my favorite winter lip products and I really hope you enjoyed it. Do you like any products that I mentioned? 
Please let me know your favorite winter lip products in the comment!


Thank you so much for reading, and I'll see you in my next blog post.
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram <3

Much love,
Mayumi :) 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,