Hello 2015 | Happy New Year from Japan


Hello 2015! 
Happy New Year!! 




Hello, beautiful people. Happy New Year! 2015! I cannot believe it is already 2015 and I feel so old! Many things are going to happen to me this year, especially career wise. I'm scared, I'm excited, and I'm also kind of sad that I have to leave school. I'm also very nervous about moving out! 
However, there are many things that excites me this year. I get to learn new things, and meet new people, for example. It's a different year from my previous years. Everything is going to be new. 

So before I begin, I'd like to share some of my NY's resolutions. To be honest, I don't really like setting new year's resolutions because I won't know what is coming to my life and so I feel like there's no point setting resolutions on "New Year". You know, something unexpected can happen in life and I have to deal with each situation with different perspectives and attitude. But just to be cheesy and traditional, I made my NY's resolutions. Most of them are kind of the same from 2014 because they are something that doesn't happen over year I guess. I need to see them in a longer term. I am not necessarily comfortable sharing it but since I have this blog, I figured it's a good place to remind myself as well. *Excuse some cheesy ones. 




Anyway, I can ramble on forever so let's not do that and here is how I spent my New Year's day. 


There is this famous "daruma (だるま)" doll in this temple. They have fortune telling inside. We return our darumas from last year to the temple and get a new daruma with a fortune telling.


When I woke up in the morning, it was winter wonderland in my area.



Touching the snow.




I wasn't sure if I was allowed to take photo at the temple for any religious reasons but I just did. 


People ring this big bell at temple. According to the inter web, usually, this bell is rang 108 times by the temple from New Year's Eve to New Years. They ring 107 times on New Year's Eve and they ring the remaining 1 on the actually New Years day. 


Daruma are just chillin'


This just made me laugh so hard. What the hell are they doing on the bush…


Daruma: Hey girl ;)



And then my mom and I went to another temple which we always do every year. This temple has nicer view, more quiet, and less industrialized than the previous temple. 
It was sunny when we went there so I got to see the beautiful view. 



Unfortunately, and stupidly, I did not bring my DSLR. I honestly felt like I was an idiot for not having my camera in front of this beautiful view. So I had to do with my iPhone. If you'd like to see more photos, please check out my Instagram. 




Going home. 

Before we go, shall we have some ramen? YAS. 


One of the things that I am proud of my country is that we have some good food. 
This ramen is like hallelujah. Perfect meal for a cold day. 


Anyway, I hope you had an amazing New Years day wherever you are!
I hope that this year is going to be wonderful and beautiful just like last year but a little bit more. 

How did you spend your New Year's day? What are your new year's resolutions? Let me know in the comment.

Thank you so much for reading, and I'll see you next time.





Much love,
Mayumi :) 


Labels: , , , ,